Revisado el Wednesday, 10 de May de 2023.
WhatsDog is a free app for Android, which allows you to monitor in real time the connection status of a WhatsApp user. This way, you will be able to know how much time your child spends online and keep track of the hours he/she uses the cell phone.
In spite of the innocent uses of this application, such as parental control, it also there are some controversies with WhatsDog. The controversy surrounding this app is that it can be used for darker purposes, such as spying on and monitoring your partner’s cell phone usage or even stalking a person.
This spying application works in a simple way, since it is only necessary to enter the phone number of a person who has a WhatsApp account, then the app will start to generate a report of their connections. At no time will the user in question know that he or she is being monitored.
On the other hand, the WhatsDog report will indicate the days and hours the person has spent connected on WhatsApp. This will be reflected in a calendar, which also includes some relative statistics reflecting the time the person has been online.
Note: to install this application it is necessary to have Android OS 2.3 or later versions.
Among some of the functions and features WhatsDog has are the following:
- Create detailed records of how many times registered users have logged into the app.
- Notifies when contacts being monitored connect to WhatsApp or disconnect from the app.
- Allows detailed tracking of all past activities performed by a user.
- It has an intuitive interface, making it easy to use.
- Indicates in detail the length of time the persons being monitored have been connected.
How to download and install WhatsDog?
If you want to install the WhatsDog app on your Android phone, just click on the download button above to download the corresponding APK file. Once you have it, follow the procedure detailed below:
- Enter the device settings and click on “Security > Device management > Unknown sources” to enable installation permissions. Note: the name of some sections and the path may vary depending on the OS version of your device.
- Go to Google Play, click on the profile icon and click on “Play Protect > Settings > Scan apps with Play Protect” to disable protection.
- Enter the download folder and open the WhatsDog APK file to start the installation.
- Finally, you can access the app and enter the number of the user you wish to monitor.
Controversies with WhatsDog
As with many monitoring and parental control applications, WhatsDog faces the moral dispute over whether or not it is okay to spy on a contact’s activity in this way. This is because apps of this kind can be used for more obscure purposes than you can imagine.
The truth is that so far no incident has occurred that is linked to WhatsDog, but this does not calm some users who have complained about this type of applications and the methods used by the same to know the activity of people.
How do you know if you are being spied on?
Although the developers of WhatsDog claim that users registered in the app will not be able to know that they are being monitored, the truth is that it is possible to find out. This requires WhatsApp Plus, which has a feature that lets you know if you are being spied on.
If you don’t have WhatsApp Plus yet, access the following link to get the app. Once you have installed it, you can find out if someone is monitoring you with WhatsDog, or any other spying application, by performing the following procedure:
- Log into WhatsApp Plus, press the three dots icon and select “Settings > Online Contact > Show Toast Online Contact” to activate the notification tone.
- Exit the application and log back in.
- In case you are being spied on, a notification will appear warning you that you are being monitored.
This way you will be able to know if someone with WhatsDog, or any other spying app, is spying on your activity.
Advantages of WhatsDog
Among the positive aspects of WhatsDog, the following can be noted:
- It is easy to use.
- Indicates in real time when a person connects or disconnects from WhatsApp.
- Displays detailed reports of the activity performed by the monitored contacts.
While in the negative features of WhatsDog are the following:
- People who have WhatsApp Plus will be able to know that they are being monitored.
- It is very limited, as it only notifies when someone is online or not, beyond that it does not allow you to spy on the rest of their WhatsApp activity.
Download the WhatsDog APK for Android for free and monitor the activity of your WhatsApp contacts.