Revisado el Wednesday, 10 de May de 2023.
WhatsApp is one of the most popular instant messaging services, with more than 2 billion users around the world. That is why it now has a desktop service for computers, with which people will be able to access the same functions of the mobile app through the PC.
Unlike the WhatsApp Web service, with the desktop client it is not necessary to keep the cell phone connected to the network, because once the program is linked to the app, it can work independently. On the other hand, it also has some limitations, although they are minimal.
WhatsApp for PC functions and features
Among some of the options offered by WhatsApp for PC are the following:
- Send text messages and voice memos.
- Share stickers, photos, videos and GIFs.
- Supports various file formats, such as PDF, DOCX, XSLX, among others.
- Allows synchronization of chats and contacts with the mobile app.
- Make calls and video calls.
- Watching stories and responding to them.
- Create group chats.
Note: to install this program the minimum system requirement is Windows 8.1 or later.
How to download and install WhatsApp for PC?
To install the WhatsApp program for PC, press the following button above to get the corresponding .EXE file. Once you get it, perform the following procedure:
- Locate the downloaded .exe file on your computer and open it.
- Follow the installation instructions to complete the process.
Once the program has been installed, you can log in to the program to link it with the WhatsApp mobile app so that you can answer messages or calls from your computer.
Steps to log in to WhatsApp Desktop
Once you have downloaded and installed WhatsApp for desktop, proceed to log in to access the chats. To do so, you will need to do the following:
- Open the WhatsApp mobile app, on Android click on the three dots icon and on iOS click on “Settings“.
- Select “Paired devices > Pair a device“. Note: you may need to unlock the cell phone in order to pair the device.
- Enter WhatsApp for desktop and with your mobile camera scan the QR code that appears on the screen.
- Click on “Done” to finalize the linkage.
How to log out of WhatsApp for desktop?
If you wish to log out, you can do so from the mobile app or the computer. To do so, you will have to follow these steps:
- From the computer: click on the three side dots and click on “Logout”.
- Via the app: on Android press the three dots on the side and on iPhone press “Settings”, select “Paired devices”, choose a device and press “Sign out”.
Problems connecting to WhatsApp
In case the desktop app has problems sending or receiving messages, it is possible that the source of the problem is due to a failure with the computer’s connection or with the WiFi network. To check the source of the problem you can do the following:
Problems with the PC connection
A strong and stable Internet connection is required to use the WhatsApp desktop service. With some of the following tricks you will be able to check its condition:
- Log in to WhatsApp for desktop and check if a yellow box appears with the message“Computer Offline“, if so check that the computer’s Internet connection is active.
- In case the Internet connection is working normally, but messages are not arriving or being sent, close the WhatsApp desktop service and restart it.
- If the problem persists, try logging out and logging back in.
WiFi connection failures
If you are connected to a shared Internet network, such as that of a university, library, office, café or restaurant, there is a possibility that it is saturated or has exceeded the limit of connected users. In this situation, it is best to connect to another network.
Why use WhatsApp for PC?
Nowadays most people spend their time in front of the computer, either for work or study purposes. Therefore, this tool allows them to stay in front of the PC monitor while answering a message or a call, thus avoiding being distracted by notifications from other applications.
Advantages of WhatsApp for PC
Positive features of the WhatsApp desktop service include the following:
- It allows making calls and video calls, which is not possible in the web version.
- It works independently of the cell phone.
Disadvantages of WhatsApp for PC
While in the negative points are the following:
- It does not allow saving contacts directly from the PC.
- It only has the option to view stories, not to upload them directly from the computer.
Download the WhatsApp desktop service for Windows for free.