When someone looks at the statuses of a contact WhatsApp creates a record of this, but fortunately there are a couple of tricks that can hide from this trace.
For this reason, in the following article we will explain how to see WhatsApp statuses without being noticed, in a simple way and in a short time.
Steps to follow
The trick is to disable read confirmations and to do this on Android or iOS, do the following procedure:
- Go to the WhatsApp app and then to “Settings“.
- Then go to the “Account > Privacy” section and uncheck the “Reading confirmations” option.
- Finally, you will be able to see your contacts’ stories and they will not be able to know about it.
Note: to reactivate the reading confirmations, follow the same procedure as above.
It should be noted that, while with this trick no one will be able to know if you have seen other people’s stories, by disabling read confirmations you will also not be able to see if someone has looked at your stories. Therefore, it is a double-edged sword.
Using the file explorer
Another method to view WhatsApp statuses without anyone knowing is by using the file explorer. To do this, follow the steps below:
- Enter the device’s file explorer, then access the device’s internal memory.
- Enter the “WhatsApp” folder and activate the “Show hidden files” option.
- Then, open the “.Statuses” file and select any of the images or videos found there to view them.
It should be noted that this method only works on cell phones with Android OS and those with a natively integrated file explorer app. However, you can also use an application such as File Explorer EX and follow the method described above.
This way you can view WhatsApp statuses without other contacts noticing.