WhatsApp does not allow you to view messages that have been deleted, but there are a couple of methods by which you can recover them.
For this reason, in the following article we will explain how to view deleted WhatsApp messages, in a short time and without complications.
It is possible to view a part of the deleted messages through the notification logs, but the following should be taken into account for this purpose:
- It is only possible to retrieve the first 100 characters of a message, which is the limit allowed for notifications on Android. It does not matter whether they are retrieved through the notification history or through external tools.
- In some cases it will not be possible to recover the multimedia content of deleted messages.
Using the notification history
Although it is possible to view part of the messages through the notification history of the cell phone, not all manufacturers use this function, nor is it available on all cell phones. To access this option it is necessary to do the following:
- Click on the mobile desktop to add the “Settings” widget.
- Then select the “Notification log” option.
Note: the notification log stores all the notification code, not just the text of the messages, so reading this can be tedious.
- Finally, proceed to search for received WhatsApp messages, specifically those that have been deleted.
It should be noted that the name of some sections may vary depending on the model of the device and the version of the Operating System it has. There is also the possibility that the cell phone does not have this function.
In case the “Settings” widget does not appear, you can resort to the Nova Launcher app and proceed to perform the method indicated above.
Through external tools
Although it is impossible to recover a deleted message, there are some applications that allow you to generate a backup copy of the notifications and with this you can view a part of the messages. But it should be noted that this trick only works if WhatsApp notifications are enabled.
Some of the applications that perform this function are WAMR and WhatisRemoved +. But while they can monitor and archive WhatsApp notifications, there is a risk that these may store private information, such as the name of contacts and their phone number. In addition, only the first 100 characters can be retrieved.
By means of a backup copy
Backups allow you to recover messages that have been deleted from WhatsApp, only if they have been deleted after the backup was performed. To do so, do the following:
- Back up WhatsApp from the application settings. It should be noted that the backup should be made only to Drive or iCloud.
- Then, uninstall the application and reinstall it, this will restore the last backup and the deleted conversations will be recovered.
Note: it should be noted that this procedure does not always work and it is possible to lose conversations made during backup and restore.