WhatsApp has the option to block unauthorized access by password, but it is necessary to follow a series of steps to activate it.
Because of this, in the following article we will explain how to set a password to WhatsApp, in a short time and in a simple way.
Steps to follow
The lock option is only available for Android 6.0 or later versions, specifically for those with a fingerprint sensor. To enable the app lock, do the following:
- Log into WhatsApp and click on the three dots icon, then go to “Settings > Account > Privacy“.
- Then scroll down and press on “Fingerprint Lock” and activate the option “Unlock with Fingerprint.”
- Finally, place your finger on the fingerprint sensor to confirm the fingerprint pattern and you are done.
Note: you can also specify the amount of time you want to elapse before the system asks to scan the fingerprint.
Aspects to consider
In case of activating the function of blocking WhatsApp by fingerprint, the following should be taken into account:
- Calls can be answered even if the application is locked.
- To activate the fingerprint lock function in WhatsApp, it is necessary to enable it previously from the mobile settings.
- The option to lock WhatsApp with fingerprint is not available for Samsung Galaxy Note 4, Samsung Galaxy Note and Samsung Galaxy S5.
Although the option to block WhatsApp via fingerprint is not available for all cell phones, there are some tools that allow you to do so. Some of these are as follows:
With App Locker
This is a popular free application that allows you to block unauthorized access to other apps. App Locker has a simple interface, making it easy to use. All you have to do is choose whether you want to use a PIN, pattern or fingerprint, and then choose which of these you want to block.
This is another free tool that allows you to easily block access to any application. To do this, simply choose the unlock method and then select the app you wish to lock. One feature of this app is that it can take a selfie of anyone who tries to access the app and fails in the process.
In this way you can set a password to WhatsApp, in a short time and without complications.