WhatsApp allows its users to share their location in real time, so it is possible to indicate where they are.
For this reason, in the following article we will explain how to send your location by WhatsApp, in a short time and in a simple way.
Before sharing the location via WhatsApp, it is first necessary to grant the app the necessary permissions. To do so, the following must be done:
- On Android, go to “Settings > Apps and notifications > Advanced options > App permissions > Location > WhatsApp” and grant the permissions.
- On iOS, go to “Settings > Privacy > Location > WhatsApp > Always” and then grant permissions.
Steps to follow
To send the real-time location to a contact via WhatsApp, on iOS and Android, follow the procedure below:
- Log in to WhatsApp and access a chat or group.
- Then, click on “Attach > Location > Real Time Location” and indicate how long you want to share the location. Once this period has elapsed, it will no longer be shared. Note: optionally, a comment can be added.
- Finally, click on “Send“.
Stop location sharing
To stop real-time location sharing, follow these steps:
- Log into WhatsApp and then into the chat or group in question.
- Then click on “Stop sharing” and confirm by clicking on “OK“.
Note: to stop sharing location in all chats or groups go to “More options > Settings > Account > Privacy > Real-time location”. Click on “STOP SHARING” and confirm by clicking on “OK”.
This way you can send your location via WhatsApp, in a short time and without complications.