In case your account is stolen or you have lost access to it, there are some methods that can help you recover it.
If you want to know more about it, in the following article we will explain how to recover your WhatsApp account, in a short time and in a simple way.
Recovering your account when you lose your cell phone or SIM card
To recover a WhatsApp account, in case the cell phone or SIM card has been stolen or lost, call the phone service provider to have the SIM blocked. This will prevent them from logging into WhatsApp from other computers.
Then, send an email to“[email protected]”explaining the reasons and requesting that the account be deactivated along with the affiliated telephone number, which must have its respective international code on the front (+54 xxx xxxxxxx if you are Argentinean).
This way WhatsApp will deactivate the account and you will be able to create a new one by registering with another phone number. In addition, in case you have a backup in Google Drive or iCloud, you will be able to retrieve the backed up conversations.
How to recover your WhatsApp account if it has been stolen?
In case someone has stolen your six-digit verification code when registering in the application, the solution is to log in again and proceed to expel the intruder. To do so, send an e-mail to“[email protected]”,explaining the situation and requesting that the telephone number be deactivated.
In this way, WhatsApp will close the session that was open using this code and you can proceed to register again. But if the option to receive the verification code via SMS has been blocked, click on “Call me” to receive a call from an automated answering machine that will dictate the code.
What to do if WhatsApp has suspended your account?
There are many reasons why WhatsApp may suspend a user’s account, but it is usually temporary. It is usually just a matter of waiting until the suspension is revoked, and then having access to the application again.
But if the ban is definitive, the message “Your phone number is suspended from WhatsApp” will appear. In this case, the only thing left to do is to contact the platform and to do so is to do the following:
- Send an email to support at the following address“[email protected]”,explaining that you wish to recover the account. You will need to add the phone number along with the corresponding geographic code, as well as the model and manufacturer of the device.
- Fill out the contact form using the following link, where you must enter the account information and detail that you want to regain access to it.
- Uninstall and reinstall the application, then enter the phone number again and in the app startup click on “Support“. A message will appear indicating that the account is suspended, but then complete the form data.
It should be noted that the procedure to recover the account may take a few days, therefore, you should wait. In addition, contacting support does not guarantee that the suspension will be revoked. If after a while you do not get any response, the best thing to do is to register in the app with a different number.
Why did WhatsApp suspend your account?
There are several possible causes for which WhatsApp could suspend an account, among the most frequent are:
- You violate WhatsApp community rules, receive repeated reports from contacts about sharing insensitive or spam-like content.
- Your account shows irregular movements, you perform the same actions over and over again in a short period of time.
- In the presence of a possible crime, when WhatsApp finds illegal information or information that threatens the lives of others.
These suspensions could have different temporary durations or become definitive in a short time, everything will depend on the decision of WhatsApp Support in view of the seriousness of the case.
In this way you can recover a WhatsApp account that has been suspended or stolen.