Despite what many believe, there are different methods to recover WhatsApp messages, either using some tools or without them.
For this reason, in the following article we will explain how to recover WhatsApp messages in a short time and in a simple way.
Although WhatsApp does not have a native option to restore deleted messages, there are some procedures with which this can be achieved. However, it is necessary to bear in mind that this can only be done under certain conditions and with certain limitations:
- In most cases it is not possible to retrieve received multimedia content such as photos, audios or videos.
- If you use an application to save the notification history, it can only retrieve the first 100 characters of a message.
By backing up
It is only possible to recover WhatsApp messages, as long as the backup was made after receiving them. To do so, do the following:
- Log in to WhatsApp and click on the three dots icon, then go to “Settings > Chats > Backup“.
- Then click on “SAVE” and select the Google or iCloud account where you want to store the backup.
- Once the procedure is finished, uninstall the app and install it again to proceed to restore the backup.
Using the notification history
Some Android phones have a notification history feature, which records all notifications received, including those of messages that have been deleted. To access the registry you need to do the following:
- Go to the mobile home screen and press and hold the screen for a few seconds to add a widget.
- Select the “Settings” widget and then select the “Notification Log” option.
Note: it should be noted that the name of some sections may vary depending on the device model.
- Finally, once the access has been created, enter it and search for WhatsApp notifications. It should be noted that the notification log stores everything in code, so it can be a bit cumbersome to read.
Using the file explorer
It is also possible to recover WhatsApp messages through the mobile file explorer, to do this do the following:
- Connect the cell phone to the PC via USB.
- Go to the “WhatsApp” folder and copy the “Database” file to your computer.
- Then, go into the copied file and delete the “msgstore.db.crypt7” or “msgstore.db.crypt8” element.
- Now you should rename the file “msgstore-Year-Month-Day.1.db.crypt7” to “msgstore.db.crypt7“Note: where “Year-Month-Day” is indicated, it corresponds to the date on which the backup was performed, where the deleted messages are located.
- Then, uninstall the WhatsApp app and install it again.
- Copy the file “msgstore.db.crypt7” to the “Database” file inside the “WhatsApp” folder.
- Finally, configure the app and restore the backup.
Through external applications
There are some applications that allow you to create a backup of the notifications generated by WhatsApp, but to do so, these must be received without having the app open or must be in a different chat from the one you are reading. Otherwise, a notification cannot be generated and the tool will not register it.
Some of the best apps to recover WhatsApp messages, are the following: WAMR, WhatisRemoved+ and Tenorshare UltData. It should be noted that these applications will not be able to recover messages that have been deleted prior to installation.
In this way you can recover WhatsApp messages, in a short time and in a simple way.