By blocking a WhatsApp contact, they will not be able to send you messages or call you and you will also stop seeing their status updates.
If you want to know how to do it, in the following article we will explain how to block a contact in WhatsApp, easily and in a short time.
How to block a WhatsApp contact?
Block a contact in WhatsApp, from an Android or iOS cell phone, with the following procedure
- Go to WhatsApp and press the three dots on the side.
- Go to “Settings
Account > Privacy > Blocked contacts“.
- Finally, press the add icon and choose the contact to block.
Alternatives to block someone on WhatsApp
In addition to the procedure explained above, there are other methods to block a WhatsApp contact. The first is as follows:
- Log in to WhatsApp and go to the chat of the person to be blocked.
- Click on the three dots and then on “More > Lock > LOCK“.
- You will then have blocked this contact.
The other alternative is to log into the app and go to the chat with the contact in question. Click on their name and select “Block (contact) > BLOCK“. This way you will have blocked him/her and he/she will not be able to communicate with you through the platform.
How to block an unknown number?
To block a phone number that is not registered in the WhatsApp address book, perform the following procedure:
- Go to the chat with the unknown number.
- Press “LOCK” and click again on “LOCK” or “Lock and report“.
- Finally, this number will not be able to call you or send you messages.
How to unblock a contact in WhatsApp?
To unblock a WhatsApp contact, you must do the following:
- Log in to WhatsApp and click on the three dots icon.
- Click on “Settings > Account > Privacy > Blocked contacts“.
- Press the name of the contact to be unblocked and click on “Unblock (contact)“.
Note: another alternative to unblock a contact is to log in to WhatsApp, then search for the name of the blocked contact, press and hold on it and click on “Unblock (contact)”.
How to report a contact on WhatsApp?
A contact, group or unregistered phone number can be reported in case it is sending invasive content or spam. To do so, do the following:
- Access the chat to be reported.
- Click on the three dots and click on “More > Report > REPORT“.
- Finally, the unregistered contact, group or number will be reported.
Note: WhatsApp will not notify that a report has been made.
What happens when blocking a contact in WhatsApp?
When blocking a contact in WhatsApp, a couple of changes arise with that user, which are:
- The contact will not be able to communicate with you, neither calls nor messages.
- Blocked contacts will not be notified.
- When blocking a person from WhatsApp, their number is not deleted from the phone book.
- The user will not be able to see your last connection, statuses or your profile picture.
This way you can block a contact in WhatsApp, in a short time and in a simple way.