There are different methods to add a contact to WhatsApp, but to do so it is necessary to follow a series of simple steps.
For this reason, in the following article we will explain how to add a contact to WhatsApp, in a short time and without complications.
Steps to follow
Add a contact to WhatsApp with the following procedure:
- Enter the app and press “New Chat > New contact“. Note: on some devices such as JioPhone or JioPhone 2, it is necessary to indicate whether you want to save the contact in the mobile memory or on the SIM card.
- Proceed to enter the contact’s data along with their telephone number and click on “Save“.
- Finally, the contact should be registered automatically, otherwise click on “New chat > Options > Update“.
Through the contact book
Another way to add a contact to WhatsApp is through the contact list of the cell phone and to do this perform the following steps:
- Enter the phonebook and click on “Contacts > New contact/New“.
- Enter the person’s data along with their phone number and click on “Save“.
- Finally, if the contact is not automatically registered, click on “New chat > Options > Update“.
Note: contacts registered through this procedure can only be deleted from the contact book and not through WhatsApp.
From the chat information
To register a contact in WhatsApp from an unsaved number previously chatted with, do the following:
- Log in to WhatsApp and go to “Chats“, then select the conversation with the unregistered contact.
- Click on the chat number in the top bar to enter the chat information, then click on “Save“.
- Finally, it proceeds to enter the person’s data and saves the contact in the phone book of the cell phone.
You can also add a contact from a group by following the steps below:
- Log in to the app and then to a group, then press the message of the person in question.
- Click on “More options“.
- Choose between “Create new contact“, where the contact’s name and phone number must be verified, or “Add to existing contact” to select an existing contact and verify their data.
- Finally, save the information entered.
By QR code
Add a contact through the QR code, to do this it is necessary to perform the method explained below:
- Log into the app, then go to “Settings” and tap the QR code icon next to the profile information.
- Click on “SCAN CODE” and hold the cell phone over the QR code of the contact to be added.
- Once scanned, click on “Add to contacts” and save the data.
Add a number from another country
To add a new contact with a phone number from another country, follow the procedure below:
- Enter your cell phone’s address book.
- Before typing the phone number of the person in question, enter the plus symbol (+) and then the geographic code.
- Then add the corresponding telephone number.
Aspects to consider
Before adding a contact with a phone number from another country, please note the following:
- Eliminates the “0” or special call codes at the beginning of the number in question.
- Mexico numbers (+52) must include a “1” after the geographic code, regardless of whether they are Nextel users.
- In Argentina (+54) telephone numbers must have a “9” between the geographic code and the area code. Also, the prefix “15” must be removed so that the final number has a total of 13 digits.
This way you can add a contact to WhatsApp, in a short time and without too much hassle.